As the Oscar race shapes up, several top stars and filmmakers may find their biggest competition for a nomination is ... themselves. At least 10 of this year's biggest overachievers have a chance of being nominated for not just one but two movies. Or maybe even more than two; if you're running odds for, say, Jessica Chastain, how do you decide whether 'The Help,' 'The Tree of Life,' or 'Take Shelter' is most likely to earn her a shot at an Academy Award? By reading our handicapping, below.
For more on the Oscar race, head over to GoldDerby.com
[CLICK PHOTO TO LAUNCH GALLERY]
- George Clooney in 'The Descendants'
- George Clooney in 'The Ides of March'
- Brad Pitt in 'Moneyball'
- Brad Pitt in 'The Tree of Life'
- Ryan Gosling in 'The Ides of March'
- Ryan Gosling in 'Drive'
- Jessica Chastain in 'The Tree of Life'
- Jessica Chastain in 'The Help'
- Jessica Chastain in 'Take Shelter'
- Viola Davis in 'The Help'
- Viola Davis in 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close'
- Michael Fassbender in 'Shame'
- Michael Fassbender in 'A Dangerous Method'
- Carey Mulligan in 'Shame'
- Carey Mulligan in 'Drive'
- Steven Spielberg for 'War Horse'
- Steven Spielberg for 'The Adventures of Tintin'
- Steve Zaillian for 'Moneyball'
- Steve Zaillian for 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo'
- Abi Morgan for 'Shame'
- Abi Morgan for 'The Iron Lady'
Follow Moviefone on Twitter
Like Moviefone on Facebook
Follow Gary Susman on Twitter: @garysusman