Remember last week when James Franco tweeted a little 16-second video that showed him and Anne Hathaway recreating a scene from the film 'Grease' as part of an Oscar number? Now remember when you woke up this morning in that post-Oscar haze with 'Black Swan'-themed drink stains still on the carpet and a foggy recollection of last night's show not having aired that 'Grease' video?
Well if you don't remember ever seeing the 'Grease' sketch, it's not because they aired it while you were making out with that random chick dressed as Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl from 'Toy Story 3' in the bathroom. Nope, they just never aired it for whatever reasons. Good news is you can now watch James Franco and Anne Hathaway recreate the final carnival song-and-dance scene for what was supposed to be part of the show's opening number.
We don't have the reasons why this was yanked at the last minute, but maybe you can watch it after the jump and throw out some suggestions in the comments. Did it not fit the theme? Not cutesy enough? Too boring? Let us know.
More on the 2011 Oscars
- News: 'King's Speech' Is Big Winner at 2011 Oscars
- Oscar Winners 2011
- Oscars Red Carpet 2011
- Oscars Best Dressed 2011
- Oscars Worst Dressed 2011
- Oscars 2011 Best & Worst Moments
- Why Were the Oscars So Boring?
- 5 Stars Who Would've Been Better Oscar Hosts
- Corey Haim and Peter Graves Left Out of Oscars In Memoriam Segment
- Review: James Franco and Anne Hathaway As Oscar Hosts -- Bring Back David Letterman!