Emma Watson earned her place in the latest edition of The Guinness Book of World Records by becoming the biggest-grossing female actress of the last decade. While she may not be headlining her own films in the same way as Julia Roberts or Angelina Jolie, Watson's appearances as Hermione Granger in six Harry Potter installments have grossed an amazing $5.4 billion worldwide.
This doesn't exactly prove that Watson is a bankable movie star, only that she was cast in just the right role in just the right franchise at just the right time. It will be interesting to see how the Potter cast fares post-Potter, as the last two films in the series see release in the next two years. Watson has speculated in the past that she might even leave acting behind forever after Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Pt. 2 wraps.
Rounding out second-place is Watson's Harry Potter co-star Dame Maggie Smith -- not exactly the name that comes to mind when you think about blockbuster box-office drawing power.
- The Best of Hot People Looking Hot in 2011 [NextMovie]
- The Top Five Super Bowl Halftime Shows [Urban Daily]
- The Most Pirated Movies of All Time [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The ‘Kindergarten Cop’ Kids: Where Are They Now? [Screen Junkies]
- 'SNL': Best & Worst Moments of 2011 [EW]
- The Worst Players Who Made the Most Money [Bleacher Report]
- The Best Reviewed Films of 2011 [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Most Annoying Reality TV Stars of 2011 [HitFix]
Add a Comment