- Garret Dillahunt seems to be on fire these days. He popped up with solid roles in two of last year's best films -- No Country for Old Men and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. Topping that off, he's been the uber-creepy machine after John Connor in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Continuing his good actor fortune, he's going to star in the remake of Wes Craven's The Last House on the Left as Krug, the convict who tortures an innocent family. Production begins on that remake next month, in South Africa of all places.
- Really, it would be hard to improve on your first feature if its Mexican Werewolf in Texas, but Sara Erikson continues to try. After a lot of brief parts in shows from Boston Legal to Hannah Montana, the actress has nabbed a lead role in Soul Men, the Bernie Mac/Samuel L. Jackson music movie. She will play someone named Chastity, but there's no word on her role. Is she a singer? A hanger-on? A lover? Or, is she just chaste?
- Last, but certainly not least, Mousa Kraish, is continuing to build up his resume. He just wrapped You Don't Mess with the Zohan, and has had gigs in Munich, King of California, and Superbad. Now, he's signed on for the role of Yusef in 20th Century Fox's remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still. The remake of the sci-fi flick about alien visitors and giant robots already stars Keanu Reeves and Jennifer Connelly.
- The Best of Hot People Looking Hot in 2011 [NextMovie]
- The Top Five Super Bowl Halftime Shows [Urban Daily]
- The Most Pirated Movies of All Time [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The ‘Kindergarten Cop’ Kids: Where Are They Now? [Screen Junkies]
- 'SNL': Best & Worst Moments of 2011 [EW]
- The Worst Players Who Made the Most Money [Bleacher Report]
- The Best Reviewed Films of 2011 [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Most Annoying Reality TV Stars of 2011 [HitFix]
Add a Comment
From Our Partners
- See the Best-Reviewed in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake?
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- More From Rotten Tomatoes