- Professional wonderman Ken Jeong, who just so happens to be a doctor as well as a comedian, has nabbed himself another high-profile gig. You probably recognize him as the pain-in-the-arse doc from Knocked Up, or maybe from Mad TV, Curb Your Enthusiasm, or Boston Legal. While he's also popping up in Judd Apatow's Pineapple Express, word has come from Variety that he's also nabbed himself a role in Jeremy Piven's The Goods: The Don Ready Story. Leaving his medical know-how aside momentarily, he'll play one of the car salesmen.
- Toni Trucks is well, sorry for the pun, trucking along. She's popped up in television shows like Barbershop, Veronica Mars, and All of Us, and she popped up in the musical romcom Music and Lyrics, and now Variety reports that the actress has nabbed herself three indie roles on top of her new role int he VH1 series The Life and Times of Marcus Felony Brown. She's playing Agent Murphy in the mafia and pizza parlor comedy called Pizza with Bullets, as well as a starring role in Hitting the Bricks -- the story of a post-prison man who becomes a recording artist, and finally -- Mr. Art Critic, which has her co-starring with one Mr. Bronson Pinchot. (If you don't know who that is, go watch Perfect Strangers.) After this, maybe she'll take on the world!
- Last but not least, Less than Perfect co-star Sherri Shepherd has nabbed herself a new gig, according to Variety. She's signed on for one of the lead roles in Push, which is currently filming in New York City. The film, a remake of Sapphire's 1997 novel, is about an overweight, illiterate, and pregnant teen who enrolls in an alternative school and learns how to communicate through poetry and language. Shepherd will play someone called "Cornrows." The film will star newcomer Gabourey 'Gabbie' Sidibe as the teen, along Mo'Nique and Lenny Kravitz.
- The Best of Hot People Looking Hot in 2011 [NextMovie]
- The Top Five Super Bowl Halftime Shows [Urban Daily]
- The Most Pirated Movies of All Time [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The ‘Kindergarten Cop’ Kids: Where Are They Now? [Screen Junkies]
- 'SNL': Best & Worst Moments of 2011 [EW]
- The Worst Players Who Made the Most Money [Bleacher Report]
- The Best Reviewed Films of 2011 [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Most Annoying Reality TV Stars of 2011 [HitFix]
Add a Comment