- After Half Nelson, ThinkFilm is looking for some heart with a romantic drama called Blue Valentine, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Written by Derek Cianfrance, Cami Delavigne, and Joey Curtis, the film will follow "a couple whose relationship is jeopardized when they find themselves in different places in their lives." Isn't that one of the vaguest premises you heard in a while? That's like saying: Hey, I'm writing a romantic drama! Someone replies: Yeah? What's it about? And you say: A couple who has problems. Anyhow, I'm sure it'll sound much better once we hear more. Production will begin in February.
- Variety reports that Neve Campbell is picking up some more television work. The actress will star with Bradley Whitford (The West Wing) and Rupert Penry-Jones (Casanova) in a 4-hour global warming thriller called Burn Up -- which will be directed by Omar Madha and comes from The Full Monty scribe, Simon Beaufoy. I'm not sure where the thrills come in, but Penry-Jones is playing "the head of a fictional oil company whose life comes apart as he's pulled into a global game of intrigue; Cambell is one of the company's staff who is also working with environmentalists, and Whitford will be an oil industry lobbyist. The production is still settling on a network.
- Last, but surely not least, we've got new The Incredible Hulk pictures over at SuperHeroHype. You might remember when he hit Toronto, which was turned into a faux Harlem. From there, the green giant hit Hamilton, a city about an hour away from Toronto, and has been wreaking havoc there. But remember -- this is a CG thang, so you won't see much more than lots of people and smashed cars.
- The Best of Hot People Looking Hot in 2011 [NextMovie]
- The Top Five Super Bowl Halftime Shows [Urban Daily]
- The Most Pirated Movies of All Time [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The ‘Kindergarten Cop’ Kids: Where Are They Now? [Screen Junkies]
- 'SNL': Best & Worst Moments of 2011 [EW]
- The Worst Players Who Made the Most Money [Bleacher Report]
- The Best Reviewed Films of 2011 [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Most Annoying Reality TV Stars of 2011 [HitFix]
Add a Comment