- The upcoming Natasha Lyonne movie, Goyband, has a new co-star in Erik Liberman. This will be his first starring role in a feature film, although he previously popped up on television shows like Saved by the Bell: The New Class, and as "Palace Clipboard Man" in La Lohan's Just My Luck -- not to mention some swingin' times as a Pussycat Swingers Club Dancer in Austin Powers. He's playing Marvin in Goyband, which is currently being described as, and I couldn't make this up if I tried -- Dirty Dancing crossed with My Big Fat Greek Wedding, some hip hop and Fiddler on the Roof.
- South African-born Australian actress Tammin Sursok, who previously played Dani Sutherland on the Australian show Home and Away, and was Marjorie in last year's kid comedy, Aquamarine, has just gotten a lead role in a new indie thriller called Albino Farm. It's based on real Missouri legends of a farm that has a myriad of creepy stories surrounding it -- man-eating albinos for one. The flick already has Richard Christy and Chris Jericho attached, and it will follow a group of college students "who, while exploring the Ozark Mountains for a midterm assignment on rural America, come face to face with a community of cave-dwelling redneck genetic mutations. Redneck albinos? Isn't that colorfully antithetical?
- Finally, we've got more cast for Fox Searchlight's Night Watch, which Jessica Barnes mentioned here and Erik Davis, here. The crime thriller already has Forest Whitaker, Keanu Reeves and Jay Mohr, but now it is also getting some Kirstin Pierce as Mohr's wife. You know her, right? Bambi, from Vampires of Sorority Row? Or perhaps Forbidden Sins or Mistress of Seduction? To be fair, more recent credits include television stints on Studio 60 and The O.C. If you haven't been following word of the film, it's a Los Angeles story about an alcoholic cop who is framed for his mentor's murder.
- The Best of Hot People Looking Hot in 2011 [NextMovie]
- The Top Five Super Bowl Halftime Shows [Urban Daily]
- The Most Pirated Movies of All Time [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The ‘Kindergarten Cop’ Kids: Where Are They Now? [Screen Junkies]
- 'SNL': Best & Worst Moments of 2011 [EW]
- The Worst Players Who Made the Most Money [Bleacher Report]
- The Best Reviewed Films of 2011 [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Most Annoying Reality TV Stars of 2011 [HitFix]
Add a Comment