- Film Movement acquired the North American theatrical and DVD rights to Das Fraulein (pictured at right), a drama from Switzerland. The film, directed by Andrea Staka, is about three women from different areas of what was once Yugoslavia, all meeting in Switzerland and coming to terms with their past.
- Koch Lorber Films bought the U.S. distribution rights to 9 Star Hotel (Malon 9 Kochavim), a documentary about Palestinians who covertly sneak into Israel to work. The film will have its U.S. premiere tonight at Tribeca. Koch Lorber intends to release the film in May in New York, with a limited release around the country to follow.
- Here! Films, the theatrical arm of the gay-themed cable channel here!, scored the North American distribution rights to Vivere, a German film that had a world premiere at Tribeca on Thursday. Writer-director Angelina Maccarone's drama about a young woman searching for her runaway little sister will be distributed theatrically through Here's distribution partner Regent Releasing.
- The Best of Hot People Looking Hot in 2011 [NextMovie]
- The Top Five Super Bowl Halftime Shows [Urban Daily]
- The Most Pirated Movies of All Time [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The ‘Kindergarten Cop’ Kids: Where Are They Now? [Screen Junkies]
- 'SNL': Best & Worst Moments of 2011 [EW]
- The Worst Players Who Made the Most Money [Bleacher Report]
- The Best Reviewed Films of 2011 [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Most Annoying Reality TV Stars of 2011 [HitFix]
Add a Comment
From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh
- Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies
- More From Rotten Tomatoes