- Ron Jeremy is itching to be taken seriously. After describing himself as a regular guy who makes normal men feel good about their looks in his latest memoir (sure, he isn't the most attractive, but not everyone is as well-endowed as him), he's looking to broaden his acting horizons beyond porn and reality television -- and into more Hollywood roles. This year he is in Do Not Disturb, a romantic comedy -- but don't be fooled. It used to be called A Bellman, a Hooker, and a Rabbi. Jeremy says of his move: "It's a certain amount of ego. In my little cloud, I still think I'm an actor." I think it would be safe to say that he won't get very far in that endeavour, but at least he has over 1,750 adult films under his belt.
- It looks like a tour company in Lithuania hasn't heard how crappy Hannibal Rising is. They are offering a Hannibal the Cannibal tour for tourists interested in seeing the homeland behind the fictional character. Travelers who buy into the package at $131 will get a tour around Vilnius, a "Hannibal feast" at a nearby estate, and a "meeting with Lecter." I'm not sure how they're getting a meeting with Lecter in there (wax figure?), but what about the feast? Does everyone just sit down and pretend they are eating human flesh? Will a person come out -- hogtied over a roaring flame? It is sounding more like a great spoof movie than a great tourist deal.
- There is a Dashiell Hammett thief on the loose! John's Grill in San Francisco is something of a Hammett shrine, having served the writer, who subsequently put the restaurant in his famous novel -- which later became the Bogey movie -- The Maltese Falcon. This week, a thief ran off with a Falcon replica and a number of vintage copies of Hammett's books. While the original figurines from the film have sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars, the replica is said to be worth around $2,000, and the books even more than that -- so John Konstin, the owner, has his own detective on the case and a $25,000 cash reward.
- The Best of Hot People Looking Hot in 2011 [NextMovie]
- The Top Five Super Bowl Halftime Shows [Urban Daily]
- The Most Pirated Movies of All Time [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The ‘Kindergarten Cop’ Kids: Where Are They Now? [Screen Junkies]
- 'SNL': Best & Worst Moments of 2011 [EW]
- The Worst Players Who Made the Most Money [Bleacher Report]
- The Best Reviewed Films of 2011 [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Most Annoying Reality TV Stars of 2011 [HitFix]
Add a Comment