- Loving Annabelle: Directed by reality TV vet Katharine Brooks, the movie tells "The controversial story of a highly accomplished Catholic school teacher, who falls in love with her student, Annabelle," and picked up acting and audience awards at this year's Outfest (though it didn't wow Variety).
- Outing Riley: A 2004 feature written by, directed and starring Pete Jones, the guy who made Stolen Summer, the first (and bad) Project Greenlight flick. Outing Riley tells the story of an Irish-Catholic kid and his coming-out.
- Follow My Voice: With The Music Of Hedwig: A doc about the recording of a benefit album consisting of songs from, yes, Hedwig and the Angry Inch. The films screened at Tribeca this year, where it failed to impress Chris.
- Sun Kissed: Directed by Byrd-spawn Patrick McGuinn, the film tells a vaguely surreal story about a love triangle and a disappearance. With a soundtrack by indie band Sea and Cake, the movie was harshly described in Variety as "a poorly crafted grab-bag of ideas barely elaborated upon enough to sustain a 20-minute short." Ouch.
- Open Cam: If Variety's review is to be believed, Open Cam proves that it's not just the straights who make crappy movies about the internet. Though ostensibly about a serial killer who uses a gay chat site to find his victims, the movie's mostly a chance for director Robert Gaston to show us his "comely cast undressed as often as possible." Not that that's a bad thing.
- Mom: Directed by Erin Greenwell, this one actually sounds like it might be good. A "light, affable and neatly-timed" comedy, the movie is about "a mismatched odd couple of market researchers, one uptight and straight and the other hang-loose and butch" who get stranded in a small town.
- Fabulous! The Story of Queer Cinema: An IFC/Netflix-financed doc that purports to explore 60 years of cinema, albeit in a way that reportedly lacks much depth. The film "methodically ticks off queer cinema landmarks from the mid-20th century to the present, using quotes from assorted talking heads instead of voiceover narration to connect the dots."
- The Best of Hot People Looking Hot in 2011 [NextMovie]
- The Top Five Super Bowl Halftime Shows [Urban Daily]
- The Most Pirated Movies of All Time [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The ‘Kindergarten Cop’ Kids: Where Are They Now? [Screen Junkies]
- 'SNL': Best & Worst Moments of 2011 [EW]
- The Worst Players Who Made the Most Money [Bleacher Report]
- The Best Reviewed Films of 2011 [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Most Annoying Reality TV Stars of 2011 [HitFix]
Add a Comment