- Milan Records has picked up North American rights to Brasileirinho, a documentary that "[pays] tribute to choro, the musical style that forms the foundation of all Brazilian composition, including samba and bossa nova." Milan also distributed director Mika Kaurismäki's earlier music doc, Sound of Brazil.
- Boy Culture, the only fiction film on the list, is the story of a gay male escort. The movie had its world premiere at this year's Tribeca Film Festival, and focuses on "X, an escort who becomes romantically entangled with his two [male] roommates," as well as an older customer. Distribution rights were purchased by TLA, which has not announced its plans for the film.
- Wrestling With Angels, Freida Lee Mock's documentary about playwright Tony Kushner (Angels in America, Homebody/Kabul, Caroline, or Change), was picked up by Balcony Releasing. Balcony plans to have the film, which "follows the rise of Kushner ... to socially active artist from his roots in the deep South", in theaters in early October.
- The Best of Hot People Looking Hot in 2011 [NextMovie]
- The Top Five Super Bowl Halftime Shows [Urban Daily]
- The Most Pirated Movies of All Time [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The ‘Kindergarten Cop’ Kids: Where Are They Now? [Screen Junkies]
- 'SNL': Best & Worst Moments of 2011 [EW]
- The Worst Players Who Made the Most Money [Bleacher Report]
- The Best Reviewed Films of 2011 [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Most Annoying Reality TV Stars of 2011 [HitFix]
Add a Comment