- Elkan Allan (1922-2006) - Writer and producer best known in the UK for creating the show Ready, Steady, Go!, who also made a documentary called Love in Our Time, which was one of the first films to address homosexuality. Also a member of BAFTA, he was very knowledgeable of cinema and he conducted interviews with film greats like Orson Welles and Richard Burton for The Times. He passed away on June 25.
- Margara Alonso (c.1928-2006) - Argentinean actress who appeared in the films The Cloud and Captive. She died June 21 of emphysema, in Buenos Aires.
- Eileen Barton (1929-2006) - Singer best known for the song "If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd've Baked a Cake", she also appeared in the infamous Jayne Mansfield film Promises! Promises! as "Girl in Doctor's Office". She passed away Tuesday.
- Fabián Bielinsky (1959-2006) - See Kim's eulogy from Saturday.
- Wayne Brown (1941-2006) - Actor who played a croupier in Vegas Vacation. He died June 25, of cancer.
- Lisa D. Kernan (c.1953-2006) - Arts librarian at UCLA and film scholar, whose expertise on movie trailers became the subject of her doctorate thesis, titled "Coming Attractions: Reading American Movie Trailers." She was also a consultant on and appeared in the doc Coming Attractions: The History of the Movie Trailer. She died of cancer on June 25, in Los Angeles.
- Casey Kono (?-2006) - Actor who played "Agent # 2" in Savage Beach.
- Nicolas Mazenda (c.1973-2006) - Zimbabwe dancer, choreographer and actor who appeared in the short film Kare Kare Zvako.
- Gene Montoya (c.1954-2006) - Dancer and choreographer whose credits include Barton Fink, The Mask and Can't Stop the Music. He died on June 23.
- Moose (1990-2006) - Dog that shared the title role in My Dog Skip with his son Enzo. The two dogs also both played Eddie on the sitcom Frasier. He had retired at the age of 10, at which time Enzo took over the part of Eddie, and his final role was as old Skip in the Frankie Muniz and Kevin Bacon film. He died of old age on June 22.
- Pinuccia Nava (1920-2006) - Italian actress who appeared in the films Mio Figlio Professore and Il Mantenuto.
- Staff Sgt. Raymond J. Plouhar (c.1976-2006) - One of the military recruiters featured in the documentary Fahrenheit 9/11. He was killed June 26 in a roadside bombing in Iraq.
- Roland Schlotzhauer (c.1956-2006) - Cinematographer who shot Raising Jeffrey Dahmer. He was killed Friday in a helicopter crash while filming scenes for The Final Season, in Walford, IA.
- Stephen Tiger (c.1949-2006) - Member of the Native American rock group Tiger Tiger who also appeared as a Seminole in The Whoopee Boys. He died June 26 of a head injury after a fall, in Miami.
- Lennie Weinrib (1935-2006) - Actor, writer and director with mostly voice work on his resume. In addition to many television cartoons, he also can be heard in the films Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Bugs Bunny's Third Movie: 1001 Rabbit Tales, and Riki-Tiki-Tavi. He died at his home in Chile.
- Gwen Wilson (1918-2006) - Actress whose most prominent role was "Mrs. Molinaro" in the film Gremlins. She died on June 25.
- Kathleen O'Hara Wood (c.1922-2006) - Widow of the infamously bad film director Ed Wood, she was portrayed by Patricia Arquette in the Tim Burton-directed biopic. Her film credits on the IMDb include Art Director on Night of the Ghouls and "Woman at Carnival" in I Woke Up Early the Day I Died, which was made in 1998 from a script by Wood. She died June 26 from cancer of the esophagus, in Hollywood.
- Shiona Wood (1948-2006) - Education officer for Edinburgh's Filmhouse theatre as well as for the Edinburgh International Film Festival. She is also the founder of the charity Scottish Kids are Making Movies, which inspires teens to express themselves through film.
- The Best of Hot People Looking Hot in 2011 [NextMovie]
- The Top Five Super Bowl Halftime Shows [Urban Daily]
- The Most Pirated Movies of All Time [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The ‘Kindergarten Cop’ Kids: Where Are They Now? [Screen Junkies]
- 'SNL': Best & Worst Moments of 2011 [EW]
- The Worst Players Who Made the Most Money [Bleacher Report]
- The Best Reviewed Films of 2011 [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Most Annoying Reality TV Stars of 2011 [HitFix]
Add a Comment