- That lucky Steve Carell has scored himself a gorgeous, French girlfriend, at least for as long as he's on the set of Dan in Real Life. According to Variety, Juliette Binoche has signed on to co-star with everyone's favorite dork in the film, in which Carell plays a widower with three daughters and an advice column. As happens to everyone who's ever written advice in a movie, he finds that his techniques don't work when he falls in love with his brother's girlfriend (that's Binoche).
- Because even being an oil baron is cheaper in Canada, the people at 20th Century Fox are at least considered shooting their big-screen version of Dallas in Toronto. For obvious reasons, the city of Dallas has some issues with this idea, and is both passing (as-yet unfunded) economic incentives for the production and wearing tshirts that read "Shoot JR in Texas." Not overly concerned about authenticity, Calgary ("East of here, we have prairies all over the place"), Louisiana, and Florida have also thrown their hats into the Dallas ring. The movie is due to start filming this fall - my money's on Toronto.
- According to media reporters, the newly-serious (at
least, that's what she keeps telling us) Sandra
Bullock is going to be spending some time in Peyton
Place. No, it's not (shockingly) a remake - instead, she's making a movie about the life of the book's author,
Grace Metalious. Apparently, her "million-selling novel
scandalized the nation 50 years ago and eventually ruined the author’s life." Who knew? Bullock is both producing and starring in the film, which
will be written by Bee
Season's Naomi Foner.
- The Best of Hot People Looking Hot in 2011 [NextMovie]
- The Top Five Super Bowl Halftime Shows [Urban Daily]
- The Most Pirated Movies of All Time [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The ‘Kindergarten Cop’ Kids: Where Are They Now? [Screen Junkies]
- 'SNL': Best & Worst Moments of 2011 [EW]
- The Worst Players Who Made the Most Money [Bleacher Report]
- The Best Reviewed Films of 2011 [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Most Annoying Reality TV Stars of 2011 [HitFix]
Add a Comment