- The Skeleton Key: The camp crapterpiece this summer has been waiting for. If you find yourself wondering how Kate Hudson's curls stay so lusciously bouncy in all that swampland humidty, you're probably operating on the right level with this one.
- Pretty Persuasion: Evan Rachel Wood prances around in a Catholic school girl outfit until Ron Livingston finds himself in a good deal of trouble. James Woods also stars.
- Four Brothers: John Singleton's latest follows four adopted (wait for it ) brothers who team up to avenge ... something. Deidre Woollard called it "quite enjoyable", "despite the massive amounts of often needless violence and a bit of unbelievability (wouldn't these guys get arrested after the first time they started injuring people and damaging property?)"
- The Great Raid: Part of the Great Miramax Shelf Dump, it's a Benjamin Bratt war movie, and one pretty much expects it to go in one weekend and out the other. According to Stephen Holden, "about the only thing to be said on behalf of [this] tedious World War II epic that slogs across the screen like a forced march in quicksand, is that it illustrates a depressing similarity between reckless war-mongering and grandiose moviemaking."
- Grizzly Man: Werner Herzog returns to form with a doc about Timothy Treadwell, a man who literally lived and died by grizzly bears. "Here is a man who managed to get himself and his girlfriend eaten, and you know what?," writes Roger Ebert. "He deserves Werner Herzog."
- The Aristocrats: Expands to about 80 screens; will go semi-wide next Friday.
- The Best of Hot People Looking Hot in 2011 [NextMovie]
- The Top Five Super Bowl Halftime Shows [Urban Daily]
- The Most Pirated Movies of All Time [The Hollywood Reporter]
- The ‘Kindergarten Cop’ Kids: Where Are They Now? [Screen Junkies]
- 'SNL': Best & Worst Moments of 2011 [EW]
- The Worst Players Who Made the Most Money [Bleacher Report]
- The Best Reviewed Films of 2011 [Rotten Tomatoes]
- The Most Annoying Reality TV Stars of 2011 [HitFix]
Add a Comment
From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh
- Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies
- More From Rotten Tomatoes